The Calabasas City Council unanimously voted to adopt a Comprehensive Second-Hand Smoke Control Ordinance on February 15, 2006 by a 5-0 vote. The ordinance, which went into effect on March 17, 2006, limits public exposure to secondhand smoke in public areas within the City.
On January 16, 2008 the Calabasas City Council unanimously voted to adopt Ordinance No. 2008-239 that would regulate smoking in and around rental housing in Calabasas. The ordinance went into effect on February 16, 2008 and the ordinance will be phased in through January 2012.
For Second Hand Smoke Complaints during regular business hours please contact City Hall at 818-224-1600. During non-business hours please call 818-518-3201. Please be prepared with the following information: Your name, address and phone number, violation address and the nature of the violation. Your call will be handled in an appropriate timeframe but no later than the next business morning.
- Online Complaint Form - to submit a complaint via the internet, fill out the electronic complaint form and your complaint will be reviewed by a Code Enforcement Officer on the next business day.
Code Enforcement Officers
Secondhand Smoke in Multi-Family Rental Housing
- Multi-Family Rental Smoking Ordinance Facts
- Ordinance No. 2008-239
- January 16, 2008 Press Release
- December 12, 2007 Council Video
- January 16, 2008 Council Video
- Smoke Free Apartments LA
Comprehensive Second-Hand Smoke Control Ordinance
- Ordinance No. 2006-217
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Secondhand Smoke Facts
- Feb. 1, 2006 Council Video
- Designated Smoking Area Application
- Feb. 15, 2006 Council Video
- March 15, 2006 Press Release
- Feb. 15, 2006 Media Advisory
- March 15, 2006 Press Conference Photos
- Comprehensive Secondhand Smoke Ordinance Brochure
- March 15, 2006 Press Conference Video
What Are the Signs & What Do They Mean?
Designated Smoking Area - Signifying that smoking is permitted at location
Smoke Free Area - signifying that smoking is not permitted at any time