Public Works Engineering is responsible for projects designed and managed with in-house staff as well as by professional consultants. Work includes major project management, drainage and sewer master planning, pavement management, general surveying, engineering, technical oversight and review, construction drawings and contract document preparation, construction quality assurance, contract administration, and inspection related to capital improvement, utility pubic encroachment, and development entitlement. Typical projects include arterial highway rehabilitation and reconstruction, drainage, sewer, and water improvement together with various special projects.
Construction Engineering is responsible for construction management of the City’s Capital Improvement Program. This unit also provides contract administration and construction inspection to ensure timely and high quality completion of projects. Field inspectors provide construction inspection services for on-site grading and all work done in the Public right-of-way, including work done under a Public Works Permit.
For more information on Public Works Engineering or Construction, please call 818-224-1600.
- Form B - Project Initial Submittal Checklist
- Form K - Acknowledgement Concerning the Employment of Engineers
- Form L - Grading Permit Cash Bond
- Form M - Performance Security Grading Bond
- Form O - Supervised Rough Grade Inspection Verification
- Form P - Final Grade Inspection Verification
- Form Q - Pad Certification
- Form I - Environmental Mitigation Plans Checklist
- 202 - Guidelines for Grading Preparation
- 203 - Land Development Project Review Submittal
- 217 - As Built Plan Preparation Procedure
- 225 - Hydrologic and Hydraulic Drainage Report Requirements
- Sanitation Maintenance Bond
- Engineering Grading Permit Application
Effective July 1, 2019: Please take note that permit fees have increased for Building, Planning, and Public Works. Permits issued on or after July 1, 2019 will be subject to the new increase.
AutoCAD Border & Title Sheets
- Calabasas Precise Grading Title Sheet 2000
- Calabasas Precise Grading Title Sheet 2004
- Calabasas Precise Grading Title Sheet 2007
- Calabasas Rough Grading Title Sheet 2010
- Calabasas Rough Grading Title Sheet 2013
- Conceptual Grading and Drainage 2004
- Conceptual Grading and Drainage 2007
- Conceptual Grading and Drainage 2010
- Conceptual Grading and Drainage 2013
- Restoration Grading Plan Title Sheet 2000
- Restoration Grading Plan Title Sheet 2004
- Restoration Grading Plan Title Sheet 2007
- Street Improvement Plans
- Traffic Signal & Striping Plans
Robert Yalda, P.E., T. E.
Public Works Director/City Engineer
Engineering / Project Management Division
- Ben Chan , Deputy Public Works Director
- Tatiana Holden, P.E., Senior Civil Engineer
- Alba Lemus, Associate Civil Enginer
- Salvador Contreras, Engineering Assistant