The Emergency Information page will provide valuable information for you to increase your awareness and preparedness on what to do in the event of a specific emergency or disaster. Be prepared for an earthquake, wildfires, storms, hazardous materials, power outages and more.
Take the time and prepare your family, friends and business associates... Prepare TODAY for tomorrow's emergencies!
Programs & Procedures to Prepare the City for Emergencies
- Check out Emergency Info at a Glance: Notifications, Quick Tips, Kits & Apps
- Be Ember Aware!
- FEMA - After the Fire, Return to Normal
- You can now text an emergency message to 911 in Los Angeles County
- Stay Safe! Stay in Control! Emergency Planning for Persons with Disabilities, Seniors and others with Access and Functional Needs
- Putting Down Roots in Earthquake Country
- “Earthquake Facts”
- LA County Fire Ready, Set, Go! Personal Wildfire Action Plan
- Arson Watch (Now Recruiting - Call 310-455-4244)
- Red Cross Mobile Apps
- Be Prepared! September is National Preparedness Month
- Blackboard Connect - City-to-Resident Notification System
- Sheriff's Catastrophic Earthquake Team Family Emergency Plan
- County of Los Angeles Emergency Survival Guide (also available in Braille at City Hall)
- Family Steps To Survival
- Earthquake: Fact or Fiction
- Avian Flu & West Nile Virus Information
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training
- Emergency Communications
- Emergency Preparedness Guide
- LA County Operational Area B
- The Las Virgenes-Malibu Council of Governments
- Pet Preparedness
- ERT - Equestrian Response Team
- Planning Guide for Seniors and Persons with Disabilities
- Tips for People with Access and Functional Needs Limitations
- The Public Safety Commission advises the City Council on matters related to Public Safety, Crime and Fire Prevention, Emergency Preparedness and Response, Service contracts with Public Safety Agencies and related matters.
- Preparing Children for Earthquakes
- Water Purification
The Director of Public Safety & Emergency Preparedness is the staff liaison to the Public Safety Commission and the Calabasas Emergency Radio Team (CalHam).
The Director is the City liaison to the Los Angeles County Operational Area B and the Las Virgenes - Malibu Council of Governments.
For more information, please call 818-224-1600.