City’s government access channel, Information Technology, Cable Franchise Regulation, City Film and Photo, Graphic Design, e.News, Sister Cities, the City's Social Media platforms and this City website.
CTV - The Calabasas Channel 3
CTV is a government access channel (GAC) Under Section 611 of the Communications Act, local franchising authorities may require cable operators to set aside channels for public, educational or governmental (PEG) use. CTV can be seen on cable by Spectrum (formerly Charter/Time Warner Cable) subscribers on Channel 3. The Communications Department produces programming for CTV.
CTV streams Live 24 hours a day on-line.
CTV is also on-demand, watch city meetings and CTV programs on-line ANYTIME, with the CTV Archiving.
Government access channels are used for programming by organs of local government. In most jurisdictions, the franchising authority directly controls these channels. Franchising authorities and other governmental entities are not limited in their exercise of editorial control over governmental access channels.
Information Technology (IT) Services
The Communications Department took over Information Systems for the City in 2001. Our IT Division maintains the City's computer network including Calabasas Library, satellite parks and offices.
The Communications Department works with all city departments to create graphic design projects including the City Print & Digital Newsletter, Citizen's Guide, the CTV Bulletin Board, the City website, kiosks, logos, pamphlets, flyers and more.
The Communications Department designs and maintains the City Website.
Spectrum (formerly Charter Communications and Time Warner Cable) has state franchises which allow them to operate within the City of Calabasas. Currently, no other companies are providing competitive cable service in the City. While AT&T did have plans to offer their U-Verse video service in Calabasas, they postponed the project for financial reasons. Dish Network, DirecTV and over the air/antenna services are alternatives for Calabasas residents who do not wish to subscribe to Charter or Time Warner service.
- Calabasas Video Service Provider Ordinance under the Digital Infrastructure and Video Competition Act (DIVCA) – City Ordinance 2007-236
- Additional information on the state franchises
- Digital Infrastructure and Video Competition Act (DIVCA) - Frequently Asked Questions
- California Public Utilities Commission
Communications & Technology Commission
The Calabasas City Council formed a Communications and Technology Commission to work with the Communications Department to monitor video service providers and telecommunications in the City. To register a cable complaint with the City, please call 818-224-1636 or email us with your cable company, problem, name, address and phone number. You may contact the cable companies directly at the websites, addresses and phone numbers below.
Television Video Service Providers
Learn more about Video Service Options in Calabasas
Spectrum (formerly Charter/Time Warner Cable): 1-888-892-2253
2323 Teller Road
Newbury Park, CA 91320
9260 Topanga Canyon Blvd.
Chatsworth, CA 91311
8000 Van Nuys Blvd
Van Nuys, CA 91402
Order new service or for assistance with an existing order: 1-855-243-8892
Customer Support: 1-800-892-4357
Dish Network: 1-800-823-4929
HughesNet (satellite internet provider): 1-866-649-3926
- ACM - The Alliance for Community Media
- Calchannel - The California Channel
- CAcities - League of California Cities
- CPUC - California Public Utilities Commission
- CPUC Form - CPUC Complaint form
- CAPIO - California Association of Public Information Officers
- Daily Digest - FCC Daily Digest/Press Releases
- Digital TV Conversion PSA
- e.NEWS - Find out about all of the activities going on in Calabasas
- FCC - Federal Communications Commission Web Site
- February 17, 2009 Digital Transition Information
- Fee Schedule (Citywide)
- ITVA - International Television Association
- Important Information about AT&T U-Verse System
- NAB - National Association of Broadcasters
- NATOA - National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors
- SCAN NATOA - States of California and Nevada Chapter of NATOA
Questions or comments to Michael Russo, Communications Director firstname.lastname@example.org.