The Administrative Services Manager oversees the Division, which include:
Civic Center Operations & Maintenance
Facilities engineering is in charge of and responsible for the care and maintenance of the Civic Center. This includes:
- Lighting controls and fixtures
- Plumbing (except irrigation)
- Fire/Life/Safety systems
- Standby emergency power
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
Each year the City receives funds from the Federal Housing and Urban Development Department (HUD), administered through the Los Angeles County Community Development Commission. The funds are used by the City to principally benefit persons of low and moderate income levels.
Human Resources is responsible for the day-to-day administration of personnel matters. Functions include:
- Recruitment – Coordinate all recruitment efforts for full-time and hourly employees, from the initial advertising through the successful hiring and orientation of a new employee.
- Benefits – Administer and coordinate all employee benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and tuition reimbursement.
- Compensation & Classification – Make recommendations on salary ranges for new and existing positions as well as conducting any special projects that are necessary.
- Training & Organizational Development – Coordinate the training needs of the City, sometimes with assistance from Risk Management, from computer classes to anti-harassment awareness training.
- Employee Relations – As needed, involved with the successful resolution of employee issues, both internally and in legal proceedings.
- Workers’ Compensation Program – The Workers’ Compensation program is to ensure that employees who sustain an industrial illness or injury are provided with benefits to cover costs related to the injury/illness and temporary compensation when they are unable to perform the duties associated with their employment.
The Las Virgenes Parking Administration (LVPA)
The City of Calabasas is the lead agency for the LVPA, which consists of the cities of Agoura Hills, Hidden Hills, Westlake Village and Calabasas. The LVPA administers monthly appeal hearings for those contesting parking citations and responds to citizens’ inquiries.
Administrative Services Staff
- John Bingham, Admin Services Manager
- Carolina Tijerino, Human Resources Specialist
- Armando Rodriguez, Facility Maintenance Technician II
- Jorge Rodriguez, Facility Maintenance Technician
- Andrez Meza, Maintenance Assistant (Part-Time)