Meeting and event dates listed are subject to change.
Unless otherwise noted, all meetings take place at Calabasas City Hall, located at 100 Civic Center Way. If you have any questions, please call us at (818) 224-1600.
City Council Meeting
- Date: 06/24/2020 7:00 PM
- Location: Calabasas City Hall
100 Civic Center Way
Calabasas, California 91302
- Introduction: LIVE ON CTV
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING – WEDNESDAY, JUNE 24, 2020
VIA ZOOM TELECONFERENCE
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THE JUNE 24, 2020 COUNCIL MEETING
This meeting is being conducted utilizing teleconferencing and electronic means consistent with Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-29-20, regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. The live stream of the meeting may be viewed on the City’s CTV Channel 3 and/or online at http://www.cityofcalabasas.com/. In accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order, the public may participate in the meeting using the following steps:
From a PC, Mac, iPhone or Android device please go to: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84119034930?pwd=aXJFN251ZHVxREc3Q0E3UHJmUzhYZz09
Webinar ID: 841 1903 4930
From a telephone, Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: 1-669-900-9128 or +1-346-248-7799 or +1-253-215-8782 or +1-301-715-8592 or +1-312-626-6799 or +1-646-558-8656
Members of the public wishing to address the City Council during public comment or during a specific agenda item, please press “Raise Hand” if you are joining via Zoom. Please press *9 if you are joining via phone. Please state your name and the City you live in. You will be allowed three minutes to address the Council.
OPENING MATTERS – 7:00 P.M.
Call to Order/Roll Call of Councilmembers
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Agenda
PRESENTATIONS – 7:20 P.M.
- Recognition of Captain Chuck Becerra on his permanent appointment to the Lost Hills Sheriff’s Station
ANNOUNCEMENTS/INTRODUCTIONS – 7:30 P.M.
ORAL COMMUNICATION – PUBLIC COMMENT – 7:40 P.M.
CONSENT ITEMS – 7:50 P.M.
1. Approval of meeting minutes from June 10, 2020
2. Recommendation to award a contract in an amount not to exceed $100,000 to Haynes Building Services for janitorial services for Calabasas City Hall, Library and Senior Center for a period of one year
Item 2 - Staff Report
Attachment 1 - Professional Services Agreement between the City of Calabasas and Haynes Building Services to provide janitorial Services for Calabasas City Hall, Library and Senior Center.
Attachment 2 - Reduced Pricing during facilities closures.
Attachment 3 - Proposal for Level 1 deep cleaning for reopening Facilities and Level 2, deeper cleaning in case of COVID-19 exposure.
3. Recommendation to approve a professional services agreement with Fuscoe Engineering, Inc. in an amount not to exceed Two Hundred Thirty Thousand Dollars ($230,000) for on-call engineering services which includes designing the Old Town Sidewalk Improvement Project
4. Adoption of Resolution No. 2020-1689, rescinding Resolution No. 2019-1639 and approving a Salary Schedule for permanent employees
5. Adoption of Resolution No. 2020-1690, approving a change to the regular meeting days for the Planning Commission from the second and fourth Thursdays of the every month to the first and third Thursdays of every month
6. Adoption of Resolution No. 2020-1692, confirming the City Manager/Director of Emergency Services’ Local Emergency Executive Orders issued pursuant to the March 16, 2020, Local Emergency Declaration in response to the Novel Coronavirus Covid-19 Pandemic
PUBLIC HEARING – 8:00 P.M.
7. Adoption of Resolution No. 2020-1687, approving the operating and capital improvement budgets for July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2022, providing for the appropriations and expenditures for all sums set forth in said budget; and adoption of Resolution No. 2020-1688, establishing the appropriations limit for Fiscal Year 2020-2021
Item 7 - Staff Report
Attachment 1 - Detailed Budget FY 2020-21 & 2021-22
Attachment 2 - Resolution No. 2020-1687
Attachment 3 - Resolution No. 2020-1688
Attachment 4 - Budget Presentation dated June 24, 2020
NEW BUSINESS – 8:20 P.M.
8. Adopt Resolution No. 2020-1691, implementing Public Agency Retirement Systems (PARS) as the Qualifying Retirement System for part-time employees
9. Update on “Calabasas Open” Small Business Grants Program
10. Discussion and direction from the City Council on City events in lieu of normal annual events
11. Discussion and direction from the City Council on alternatives for Wild Walnut Park
12. Discussion regarding return to in-person Council meetings: Information and Protocols
13. Discussion of Senate Bill 1120 and direction to staff
14. Discussion and direction regarding proposed Cannabis Business General Tax
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – 9:40 P.M.
15. Check Register for the period of June 2-16, 2020
TASK FORCE REPORTS – 9:45 P.M.
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT – 9:50 P.M.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS – 9:55 P.M.
ADJOURN – 10:00 P.M.
The City Council will adjourn to their regular meeting scheduled on Wednesday, August 12, 2020, at 7:00 p.m.
A copy of the City Council agenda packet is available for review at City Hall and the Calabasas Library. Materials related to items on this agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Clerk’s Office, 100 Civic Center Way, Calabasas, CA 91302, during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the City of Calabasas website at www.cityofcalabasas.com subject to the City staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting. The City of Calabasas, in complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), requests individuals who require special accommodations to access, attend and/or participate in the City meeting due to disability, to please contact the City Clerk’s Office, (818) 224-1600, at least one business day prior to the scheduled meeting to ensure that we may assist you.