Under the supervision of the Head Lifeguard and
Assistant Aquatics Coordinator, performs basic lifeguard duties,
general pool maintenance, and customer service.
Essential Job Duties:
The following tasks are essential for this position.
Incumbents in this classification may not perform all of these tasks,
or may perform similar related tasks not listed here.
1. Supervises and monitors patrons.
2. Provides explanations and clarifications of
3. Enforces aquatic rules and regulations.
4. Encourages awareness of aquatic rules and
5. Rescues swimmers in distress.
6. Administers First Aid and /or CPR, if needed.
7. Assist with general pool maintenance and clean
aquatics facility and restrooms.
8. Participate in meetings and training sessions.
9. Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
Skill and Ability to:
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Perform physical water test indicating competence
of rescuing skills.
- Stay alert and attentive and assert good judgment
- Remain patient and understanding in dealing with
patrons of all ages.
- Maintain open lines of communication.
Training and Experience:
No prior experience necessary.
Licenses and Certificates:
Possession of, or ability to obtain, American Red
Cross certificates in First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, and
Lifeguarding is required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Required ability to stand, stoop, reach and bend.
- Requires mobility of arms to reach and dexterity
of hands to grasp and manipulate.
- Requires ability to stand for long periods of
- Requires ability to lift, push or pull.
- May require water rescues, with First Aid and /or
- Subject to inside and outside environmental
- May be required to use personal vehicle in the
course of City employment.
- May be required to work mornings, afternoons, evenings and/or weekends.
Fun, Flexible schedule, great environment, what more
could you ask
for in a job? Must have current CPR, 1st Aid and Lifeguarding
Certifications. Call 222-2782 if interested