HISTORIC PLACE OF THE MONTH

    

Historic Place of the Month - May 2012

May's Historic Place of the Month was:

The Schoolhouse Bell

Now located on the A.E. Wright campus, the schoolhouse bell originally hung in the Calabasas School bell tower. Calabasas School was constructed in 1890. The one-room Victorian building had a bell tower over the main entrance. The school was replaced by a Spanish Colonial Revival style building in 1924-25, which although severely altered, remains today. The bell is the oldest and only remaining artifact from the original Calabasas School.

<- Back

 

City of Calabasas 2014