Alicia Weintraub For Calabasas City Council
Calabasas is a
special community and a wonderful place to call home.
My husband and I
are proud to be raising our family in a city that values public
safety, supports our schools, and protects our open spaces.
Still, there are
areas where we can work together to make Calabasas even
better--that is why I am running for City Council.
As a businesswoman
with a strong public policy background, I understand good
governance, have experience balancing city budgets, building
consensus, and improving public outreach.
For many years, I
have been working to improve the lives of Calabasas residents:
- Vice-Chair, Planning Commission
- Chair, LVUSD Measure G Bond Oversight
- Board Member, The Foundation for Las
- Board Member, Bay Laurel PFA
- Braewood Neighborhood Watch Captain
- Past Vice-Chair, Environmental
Commission, Chaired Coyote Education Committee
- Past Member, Bicycle Advisory
On our City
Council, I will:
Keep Neighborhoods and Schools Safe
- Working with our sheriff,
our Council’s chief priority must be to ensure our
- We need to reduce traffic congestion
and bottlenecks to ensure our roads remain safe.
Improve Our Uniquely Calabasas Way of Life
- I am committed to providing services
for all residents, from youth to seniors. I am a proud
supporter of the new Senior Center and want to ensure that
Seniors can age in place.
- Working with our Chamber of Commerce,
we need to attract and retain community supported businesses
that provide important city revenue while preventing
overdevelopment of Calabasas.
- As a fiscally responsible
Councilmember, I will oppose any new City taxes.
- We are fortunate to live amongst the
spectacular beauty of the Santa Monica Mountains. I will work
to acquire more parks and open spaces.
- I strongly support Measure O, our
City’s Open Space Initiative, and LVUSD’s Measure E, which
provide funding for our schools.
Our City Work Smarter and Better for Every Resident
- We need to proactively develop a
sustainable water policy to address drought impacts.
- Through technology, town hall
meetings, and walking tours, we can better involve and inform
residents regarding neighborhood projects.
- As a community we need to better
prepare in the event of a natural disaster.
On City Council, I
will bring a fresh perspective, a unique combination of work and
community experiences, leadership qualities, and dedication.
Join many of your
neighbors, elected City and LVUSD officials, and friends in
Voting For Alicia
Weintraub for Calabasas City Council!