CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING - WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2005
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
26135 MUREAU ROAD, CALABASAS
CLOSED SESSION - 7:00 P.M.
The City Council will convene and adjourn into closed session to
confer with legal counsel regarding the following:
Real property negotiations, pursuant to Government Code
Agency Negotiator: Maureen Tamuri, Community Development
Negotiating parties: City of Calabasas and Spotlight the Arts
Instruction: Discussion regarding price and terms of payment
Identity of property: Assessorís Parcel Numbers 2068-003-900 &
OPENING MATTERS - 7:30 P.M.
Call to Order/Roll Call of Councilmembers
Pledge of Allegiance
Report of Closed Session Action
Approval of Agenda
Introduction of new City Historian
Recognition of Laureen Morick, Arts Council
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS - PUBLIC COMMENT
- Approval of the minutes for the April 9, 2005 City Council
Minutes of April 9, 2005
- Approval of the minutes for the April 20, 2005 City Council
Minutes of April 20, 2005
- Approval of the minutes for the May 4, 2005 City Council
Minutes of May 4, 2005
- Recommendation to award a Professional Services Contract to
Willdan in the amount of $45,000 for the updating of the Cityís
Pavement Management System.
Item 4 - Staff Report
Attachment A - Advertisement for Request for Proposal
Attachment B - Willdan Cost Proposal
Attachment C - Professional Service Agreement
- Recommendation to accept completion of the CDS Unit Installation
by Timothy J. Ferrie, Specification No. 04-05-04; and to direct the
City Clerk to file the Notice of Completion.
Item 5 - Staff Report
Attachment - Notice of Completion
- Recommendation to appropriate $16,368 in Transportation
Development Act Article 3 Program funds to Account No.
40-000-4925-02 for pedestrian improvements associated with the
Parkway Calabasas/Paseo Primario traffic signal project.
6 - Staff Report
Attachment A and B
- Recommendation from staff regarding the waiver of fees
associated with file numbers CUP #04-01 and OTP #03-09, for the
property located at 3411 Dorothy Road.
Item 7 - Staff Report
Attachment - Planning Commission Resolution No. 04-303
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2005-942, approving a salary schedule
for permanent employees.
Item 8 - Staff Report
Attachment A - Resolution No. 2005-942
Attachment B - Supporting Documentation for Individual Positions
- Motion to waive further reading and introduction of Ordinance
No. 2005-208, adopting the California Electrical Code.
Item 9 - Staff Report
Attachment - Ordinance No. 2005-208
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2005-943, recognizing July as "Parks
and Recreation Month" in the City of Calabasas.
10 - Staff Report
Attachment - Ordinance No. 2005-943
- Presentation and discussion with the Los Angeles County Fire
Department on the Developer Fee Program.
Item 11 - Staff Report
Attachment - Los Angeles County Developer Fee Program
- Project presentation by D2 and Larry Dinovitz regarding the
Item 12 - Staff Report
CITY COUNCIL BREAK
- Continued Public Hearing - Adoption of Resolution No.
2005-945, certifying the Mitigated Negative Declaration for the A.E.
Wright Pedestrian Footbridge Project over Las Virgenes Creek.
Item 13 Continued to July 20, 2005 City Council meeting.
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2005-946, approving the report of the
engineer for fiscal year 2005-2006 prepared for the levy and
collection of assessments against the lots and parcels of property
within Calabasas Landscape Maintenance Districts 22, 24, 27, and 32.
Item 14 - Staff Report
Attachment A -
Fiscal Years 2005-2006 Final Engineers Report (part 1)
Fiscal Years 2005-2006 Final Engineers Report (part 2)
Attachment B - Resolution 2005-946
Attachment C - Boundry Map
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2005-947, approving the Operating and
Capital Improvement Budget for July 1, 2005 through June 30, 2007,
providing for the appropriations and expenditures for all sum set
forth in said budget; and adoption of Resolution No. 2005-948,
establishing the appropriations limit for fiscal year 2005-2006.
15 - Staff Report
Attachment - Ordinance No. 2005-947
Attachment - Ordinance No. 2005-948
- Review and approval of the new Innovation and Efficiency
Item 16 - Staff Report
Attachment A - Innovation and Efficiency Program
Attachment B - Innovation and Efficiency Program Submission Form
- Recommendation from Planning Commission to add a fourth,
alternate, member to the Design Review Panel.
Item 17 - Staff Report
Attachment A - Chapter 2.40 of the Municipal Code
Attachment B - Proposed Ordinance Amendment
- Receive and file list of City-owned properties and status report
on properties reviewed under the Los Angeles County tax-default
Item 18 - Staff Report
Attachment A - List of City Owned Properties
Attachment B - Status of Tax Default Properties
- Update regarding the Clean Beaches Initiative grant funded
project to implement Phase II of the Bioremediation and Infiltration
of Urban Runoff to Las Virgenes Creek.
Item 19 - Staff Report
Attachment - Treatment System Layout
- June 2005 Check Register.
TASK FORCE REPORTS
CITY MANAGERíS REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
Future Agenda Items
The City Council will adjourn in the memory of Dr. Steven
A copy of the City Council agenda packet is available for review at
City Hall and the Calabasas Library.
The City of Calabasas, in complying with the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), requests individuals who
require special accommodations to access, attend and/or participate in
the City meeting due to disability, to please contact the City Clerk's
Office, (818) 878-4225, at least one business day prior to the
scheduled meeting to insure that we may assist you.