CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING - WEDNESDAY, MAY 25, 2005
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
26135 MUREAU ROAD, CALABASAS
CLOSED SESSION - 7:00 P.M.
The City Council will convene and adjourn into closed session to
confer with legal counsel regarding the following:
- Conference with Labor Negotiator, pursuant to Government
Code Section 54957.6
City Negotiator: Anthony Coroalles, City Manager
Unrepresented Employees: Management Classification
OPENING MATTERS - 7:30 P.M.
Call to Order/Roll Call of Councilmembers
Pledge of Allegiance
Report of Closed Session Action
Approval of Agenda
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS - PUBLIC COMMENT
- Approval of the minutes for the March 16, 2005 City Council
Item 1 -
Minutes of March 16, 2005
- Approval of the minutes for the March 21, 2005 City Council
Item 2 -
Minutes of March 21, 2005
- Approval of the minutes for the March 23, 2005 City Council
Item 3 -
Minutes of March 23, 2005
- Approval of the minutes for the April 6, 2005 City Council
Item 4 -
Minutes of April 6, 2005
- Recommendation to approve the recordation of final maps and
acceptance of offers of public dedication for Tract No. 35596,
Phases 25 thru 26 of the New Millennium Homes One, Inc.
Item 5 - Staff Report
Fact Sheet & Street Name List
Copies Final Maps
Subdivision Water Improvement Agreement
- Approval of Professional Services Agreement with James Dean for
landscape architecture services in the amount of $60,000.
Item 6 - Staff Report
Professional Service Agreement
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2005-937, approving an annual
pre-qualification policy and procedures for general contractors
seeking to bid on Public Works projects valued at $5,000,000 or
Item 7 - Staff Report
Resolution No. 2005-937
Attachments 2 - 7
- Adoption of Ordinance No. 2005-206, amending Chapter 2.39 and
repealing Chapter 2.42 of the Calabasas Municipal Code to merge the
Tree Board into the Environmental Commission.
Item 8 - Staff Report
Ordinance No. 2005-206
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2005-935, regarding the use of City
letterhead by members of the City Council.
Item 9 - Staff Report
Resolution No. 2005-935
- Recommendation to renew the Durham Transportation Summer Beach
Bus contract with approval of a Consumer Price Index rate increase
from last yearís rates; and authorize the City Manager to execute
Item 10 - Staff Report
January Consumer Price Index
Calabasas Beach Bus Contract
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2005-936, approving the appeal of
Planning Commission Resolution No. 05-325 to modify a condition of
approval relating to coloration of a proposed 1,148 square foot
addition to an existing single family residence within the
Mulholland Highway Scenic Corridor (CUP 04-20) located at 23575
Parksouth Street (Applicant - MWH Development).
Item 11 - Staff Report
Resolution No. 2005-936
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2005-938, approving the appeal of the
Planning Commissionís denial of Site Plan Review No. 04-21 and
Conditional Use Permit No. 04-03 to construct a two-story addition
to an existing non-conforming two-story single-family residence
located at 4220 Park Alisal (Appellant Ė Behnaz Esmailizadeh Vojdani).
Item 12 - Staff Report
Resolution No. 2005-938
Letter from CPHA
- Approval of an increase to the W.R. Lind, Inc. professional
services agreement for surveying services for the Civic Center
Project from $35,340 to $50,000.
Item 13 - Staff Report
Professional Service Agreement
- Approval of appointments of Diana Brenke to the Public Safety
Commission and Sharon Boucher to the Communications and Technology
Commission by Mayor Groveman.
Item 14 - Staff Report
- Request for support from the Calabasas AlliStar
Item 15 - Staff Report
- Waive further reading and introduce Ordinance No. 2005-205,
approving General Plan Amendment No. 05-04, Zone Change No. 05-01,
and Lot Line Adjustment 05-02; requesting a General Plan Amendment
from OS-RP (Open Space-Resource Protection) to R-SF
(Residential-Single Family) and a Zone Change from OS-DR (Open
Space-Development Restricted) to RS (Residential Single Family), and
a Lot Line Adjustment. Applicant: David Litt. Property Location:
23815 Belmonte (west of the intersection of Park Belmonte and Park
Item 16 - Staff Report
Exhibit A - Location Map
Exhibit B - P.C. Resolution No. 05-327
Exhibit C - Site Plan
Exhibit D - Photographs of the site
Exhibit E - HOA Letters
Exhibit F - Ordinance No. 2005-205
Exhibit G - Staff Report to P.C. 4-28-05 (without attachments)
Exhibit H - Staff Report to P.C. 5-12-05 (without attachments)
Exhibit I - General Plan Amendment Map
Exhibit J - Zone Change Map
Exhibit K - Minutes of a Regular Meeting of the P.C. May 12/05
- Continued Public Hearing - Adoption of resolution
certifying the Mitigated Negative Declaration for the A.E. Wright
Pedestrian Footbridge Project over Las Virgenes Creek.
Continued to July 6, 2005 City Council meeting.
Item 17 - Staff Report
- Discussion of Phase II of the Affordable Housing Program
Item 18 - Staff Report
White Paper on Strategy for Affordable Housing Trust Fund Report
Status Report on 2000-2006 Housing Element Implementation Programs
Memorandum from City Attorney
CITY COUNCIL BREAK
- Waive further reading and introduce Ordinance No. 2005-207
regarding the membership of the Planning Commission.
Item 19 - Staff Report
Ordinance No. 2005-207
- Status report regarding the parking analysis completed for the
Old Town Calabasas area.
Item 20 - Staff Report
Town Area Map (Artistic postcard map)
Town Parking Plan Study 1995
- Update regarding the Las Virgenes Creek Restoration Project.
Item 21 - Staff Report
- May 2005 Check Register.
Item 22 - Check Register
TASK FORCE REPORTS
CITY MANAGERíS REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
Future Agenda Items
A copy of the City Council agenda packet is available for review at
City Hall and the Calabasas Library.
The City of Calabasas, in complying with the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), requests individuals who
require special accommodations to access, attend and/or participate in
the City meeting due to disability, to please contact the City Clerk's
Office, (818) 878-4225, at least one business day prior to the
scheduled meeting to insure that we may assist you.